Thursday, January 1, 2009

What's New News Today

Oldest daughter's beau told me he was looking at engagement rings . . . . .

Youngest child has revised his career plans. He still wants to be a priest but also wants to be on the police force -- animal division.

Hubby told me that he wants me to sing with him at his next gig. You see, he overheard me on the karaoke mike our youngest son got for Christmas. Can you say, "Ahhhhh, isn't that sweet? and Soutenus must have a fabulous voice!" . . . . . I went to bed and then in that moment right before you drift into dreamland . . . . . it hit me.

He. was. kidding. :-)

I wish you and yours all the best for 2009. God's blessings on us all!

7 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Soutenus said...

Thanks, Jackie! You have left the first comment in 2009!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

As for your son...He could be the police chaplain for the city, When our Laura told us she wanted to get married between her Jr and Sr year of college, We told them that was fine, but then Roy would have to help pay for her education because we would no longer be responsible for it...They waited. But instead of a ring that year they invested in a sofa (it fit in her dorm suite). Have a grand and holy day. Cathy

Soutenus said...

I was kidding? Was not !!
I am kind of curious now if you really will appear at the restaurant ready to display your hidden talents...see you there!! Charlie
PS...this is the first comment that I have ever left you...because I have never known how to send a comment. (also as reflected by my not knowing how to establish my own id)

Therese said...

lol. Maybe he is sincere. I think a husband wife duo would be great.

I hope you have a great 2009.

Therese

Soutenus said...

Charlie, you are so sweet! But I wouldn't want to be responsible for you losing your bookings!!!

GrandmaK -- oldest daughter (20) has a full academic scholarship that includes a housing stipend. She has been paying for all of her own expenses (clothes, car, insurance, spending money) since she was 17. . . .

I wanted to make sure she was able to fend for herself and I guess I did a good job. I figured that at that age she, at least, had us as a safety net.
I lost my Dad very early and have always had a sort of fear-based drive to make sure my kids could make it if we (their parents) were called home earlier than the average age.

Ahhh well, yet another opportunity for me to trust God. :-)

Lisa said...

What a lovely encapsulation of happiness in the upcoming year, Peggy! Happy new year to you guys! (Our oldest is looking at engagement rings, too!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin