What parable does Jesus share right after reiterating the greatest commandment? (Luke 10:27) The parable of The Good Samaritan.
The symbolism in this particular parable can be absolutely amazing. Have you ever thought about it like this?
• The victim is Adam who left Jerusalem, which was Eden and fell upon hard times through sin.
• The Priest represents all the sacrifices offered again and again to no avail.
• The Levite represents the hypocritical observance of the Law, which also provided no relief.
• The Samaritan was actually Jesus who is the perfect rescuer.
• The inn is the Church and the coins were the Sacraments and other Graces Christ has bestowed on us through the Church.
It is the message that Christ is the way to our salvation and the Church is our place of refuge on our journey to recovery, which is to be reunited with our Supreme benefactor, Jesus Christ.