Thursday, October 2, 2008

We Got Power! Oh Yeah!

We got power and more regular water 3 days ago. Yay!!!
This is the first day I have had access to the Internet at work.

Things are moving forward! We have had quite a few things to offer up to God - to unite any of our small sufferings to Christ's and thus have it gain redemptive value.

The financial struggles,
my husband's heart attack,
our move DURING hurricane Ike and its aftermath
. . . . . I admit, have slowed us down in terms of communication with the outside world!

But our family is hanging onto our trust in God and each other. Our kids have been overwhelmed a couple of times which was frightening.
But we are trying to keep all this turmoil in perspective by looking at it in comparison to the real journey . . . towards God and heaven (not financial security or a "house" or even all the years we may want with our loved ones here on earth).

Posts may be few and far between as I try to gear back up to speed. I am also adding another hat to my income generating endeavors . . . . so computer time will be a bit limited for awhile. :-)

Blessings!

10 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

I feel so bad that this has been the first time I've had to check on you in a while, with all of our busy life, viruses and computer and car troubles.

I'm so glad your husband is OK, that you made it through the hurricane and I hope that you receive some justice with regard to your financial woes. Keep reassuring your children. They will be fine as long as they know you are there for them. I'm sending you lots of prayers and hugs. Take care of yourself, you've been through a lot.

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Soutenus said...

Thank you Cristina,
The prayers and hugs are GREATLY appreciated!

EC Gefroh said...

It has been a while since you posted so I checked on your blog yesterday. So happy to see you posting an update today. You are in my prayers.

Tito Edwards said...

Good for you Soutenus! It's amazing what you are thankful for once you lose something like power. I was fortunate enough to have it restored within six days.

When I was a little boy in Hawaii, we didn't have power for roughly 4-5 weeks. So I can sympathise with you and your family in finally getting your electricity turned on.

In Jesus, Mary, & Joseph,

Tito

Lisa said...

Blessings, Peggy! You know that old saying: Everything will be alright in the end; if it's not alright, it's not the end? Hoping you soon come to the end of all these trials!

Shelly said...

my brother is in Houston and they had power about 6hrs after the storm - buttttt, you probably didn't want to hear that, huh?

Glad to know that everyone is safe and sound. Rmbr 'things' are just that... things. a hassle, yes -

Blessings-
Shelly

Maria (also Bia) said...

I've been checking in periodically and was glad of this update.

You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Blessings.

~Joseph the Worker said...

Prayers still going out to you from our family!

Soutenus said...

Thank you for all of your prayers and wonderful notes here in the comment page. It has been an very interesting journey as I am sure it will continue to be. :-)
~~~> My husband had an appointment with a doctor from the original Methodist Hospital DeBakey team, no less!! The doctor said he is stable and plans will run tests in 4 months to determine whether to do by pass or more stints.

~~~> We are trusting in God and we feel His love and protection everywhere.
We are renting a small guest house (actually it is more beautiful than I could have imagined).

~~~> We are still battling with the mortgage company and have finally contacted a lawyer (if he will help on a contingency basis is yet to be determined)

~~~> We are finding out that MANY people care and lend prayer, emotional and physical support. It is humbling and fills us with wonder to see God's love this way.

You, my blog friends, are in my prayers and I am very, very happy you are still stopping by. I really do want to start posting soon!!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Praise be to Almighty God. You are very courageous and forthright and I am emboldened by your faith! Thank you! Cathy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin