Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Truth is Truth - Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Archbishop Fulton Sheen once noted that truth is truth, regardless if everybody, only some people, or even nobody believes it. Moral relativism teaches that you may choose to believe that a pickup truck is a dandelion, but like it or not, the flower is still a Chevy.
Quote found at Connecticut Catholic

Flannery O'Connor also said, "The truth does not change according to one's ability to stomach it." Creative Clayer told me this in the com box and I had to add it to this post!

3 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Love it...Venerable John Henry Cardinal Newman was fond of saying it too..

Camille said...

One of my favorite quotes is by Flannery O'Connor, "The truth does not change according to one's ability to stomach it."

Soutenus said...

Jackie, I will have to do some more reading on John Henry Cardinal Newman!

CC, I LIKE that quote very much! I may go back and include it in the main post.TU

Blog Widget by LinkWithin