Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sunday Stickers

This is an incredible idea, in my humble opinion (or, IMHO for those savvy initial people)!!
Created by Fr. Johannes of St. Josef parish in Triesenberg, Liechtenstein, Sunday Stickers is even better than donuts & coffee after Mass!

Most of us are familiar with kids' affinity for stickers, trading cards and mementos. Sports cards & stickers are a very popular commodity these days in kid-world. Well, let me say it doesn't always have to be football or soccer! The motto at Sunday Stickers is:

"STICK around for God"

Every Sunday the children receive a sticker that illustrates the gospel reading.

They can place it and collect it in their album which has interesting facts about the Church and her liturgy: "Why are there often steps leading to a Church? What does Advent mean? What is so "white" about White (Whit) Sunday?..."

A copy of the Sunday Sticker Album (5.5 x 8.5 inches, 40 pages, w/ 70 stickers) serves a whole liturgical year (A,B or C). It is generic and unused copies can be used again 3 years later when the reading cycle returns.

On the site, Sunday Stickers there is a video presenting this. There is a deadline on ordering. IMHO, I think you should definitely GO today and place your order!

H/T to Curt Jester for finding this info!

5 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That is a cool idea! I think we may be ordering a set for Little Brother and our godson, Adventure Boy!

Soutenus said...

I think it is a great idea, too. I have ordered 3!
When you go to the website you will see that a minimum of 2000 need to be pre-ordered or they won't go to print. They do not ask for payment now. And, the cost is sensible!
Price US / Canada per Album (all stickers included):
7.50 USD (for 20 Copies or more: 6.90 USD per Album) + shipping from the US.
I may go back and order a couple more for friends' autumn birthday children. My godchild is too young (3 months old) or I would be getting her one!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I put in my order :)

The godson in question is almost 7 so this will be great for him. Plus it might motivate the grownups in his life to get him to church on the weekends when we are away and can't take him ourselves.

Soutenus said...

So glad you put your order in, too! I think this is such a good idea that I am going to re-post it next month.
I hope it is a positive motivator to get that precious godson to Mass when you can't take him. Maybe the grown ups in his life will learn along with him.

And, if Little Brother and Adventure Boy are close to the same age they can keep each other motivated and compare books.

Blessings!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That was exactly why I got one for Adventure Boy. His "grownups" get themselves and his sister to church but not him, his brother or other sister (all older). He has expressed the feeling of missing something on the Sundays he does not attend church--in fact, he said this to his grandmother, not to me. I hope she will get a clue. Please pray for this little guy.

Adventure Boy is 5 months older than Little Brother (both age 6) so they do play together often. I'm sure they will compare books.

TheDad wanted me to get "MagnifiKid" for Adventure Boy (Little Brother gets it) but A.B. can't read at all yet, so I feel that it would be "lost" on him. Once I know that he can read well enough, I will do that for him, though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin