Saturday, July 5, 2008

Anno Paolino Resources

Right now, June 28, 2008 through June 29, 2009, is a Jubilee Year.Pope Benedict XVI has declared this Anno Paolino (the Year of Paul) commemorating the 2,000th anniversary of Paul's birth.

Well, after thinking about how Bia plans to incorporate this into their family nights I realized she was spot on! We are trying to weave the Church Calendar into our lives more completely and this is the perfect opportunity to weave in yet another beautiful thread of Catholicism.With that in mind I started searching for more information.

FIRST: Five years ago PBS offered a program on Peter and Paul: The Christian Revolution, including an excellent study of the history of St. Paul and his missionary journeys. As we begin the Year of Paul, we'd all do well to read this material titled In the Footsteps of Paul. I found this wonderful resource via the Concord Pastor Comments. Thank you, Father Fleming!

SECOND: U.S. Bishops Resources for the Year of Paul The USCCB has set up a resource on-line

THIRD:Documents of the Holy See The Vatican's Year of Paul page Another Vatican Resource Plenary Indulgences During the Pauline Year

FOURTH: The Holy Father's Homily given at a general audience on Wednesday, November 22, 2006. This link is also great resource for this specially dedicated Jubilee Year to the Apostle Paul. You can read more catechesis of St. Paul by the Holy Father there.

FIFTH: Man of Three Cultures - a website created by Rick Leonardi to celebrate the year of St. Paul

SIXTH: Catholic Culture's website devoted to the Year of Paul

5 comments:

~Joseph the Worker said...

You know, this is one of the reasons that I love that our parish offers two evening masses on Sunday, because it allows me more time to prepare for the mass than it would if I had to be there in the morning.

Maria (also Bia) said...

I think every time I post a comment I am thanking you for so something. . . ditto today on this info!!!

I'll share with you some of the ideas I put together to celebrate "Anno Paolino".

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Soutenus said...

Joseph - That is indeed a blessing!
This Sunday's gospel is a great one, too! So much to contemplate.

Bia - I am just pleased as punch that it is helpful to someone other than me. Sometimes blogging can feel lonely. Funny, because the initial purpose had no reason even slightly associated with "others" (except my students). I have been astounded at the rich community of Catholics I have met. It feels great to know that sharing this information helps! Leave a comment like this ANYtime!!

~Joseph the Worker said...

I'm pretty sure this comment ended up on the wrong topic....I posted this about a week ago when you were talking about Sunday morning mass, but it showed up today! Odd huh?

Soutenus said...

Joseph,
I figured that something like that had happened! I am going to try to post the "Prepare for the Mass" post each Thursday - at least during the summer when I am not teaching full time. So, you will probably see it again!
I am finding that it helps us prepare (in our household) - I particularly like the links for kids and adults :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin