Wednesday, June 25, 2008

George Carlin

George Carlin died on June 22 @ the age of 71.

George Carlin's "Baseball and Football" routine is a classic! It may be one of his very few 100% clean routines and, maybe for that reason, it is very GOOD! The man had a great sense of humor. I wish more of his known routines had been like this one.

For your enjoyment, in honor of George and baseball season:



I, obviously, didn't' think everything Carlin said was funny but I DID find many things funny. Humor can be like that. It sometimes works because it is a bit "off" or over the lines of what is conventional. It certainly must contain the unexpected. Here are some Carlin quotes I like. PLEASE NOTE: SOME ADULT CONTENT

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Think off-center.

What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?

Always do whatever's next.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin