Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why the Catholic Devotion to Mary?


H/T: Why I Am Catholic
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUdYeYy3NQA&feature=player_embedded


A noteable quote(edited by Soutenus):
from Sal, a reader of Why I'm Catholic:
Everything about Mary stems from Jesus. Without Him, she would have no reason to be honored in any fashion. Also, most can't argue with His words from the cross: "Woman, behold thy son..." and will accept the tradition that He was giving her to all of us, in the symbolic person of St. John.

I sometimes put it this way: Do you tell the Lord "Dear Jesus, please come into my heart. But I'm going to need you to ask your Mother and friends to stay outside."?

Mary is hard to resist once people get over their "worship" fears. Understanding that we do NOT worship Mary erases that misconception.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin