Thursday, May 20, 2010

Red is for Pentecost

Wear red this Sunday.   It's Pentecost and so, it is fitting.


I'll bet you probably wear your favorite sports team's colors or logo.

Maybe you've worn your Alma Mater's colors when watching the big game with friends (especially if they graduated from the opposing University!).

Do you wear red, white, and blue for July 4th?
What about "Christmasy" clothes around Christmas or green on St. Patrick's Day?
Hmmmmm?

 Think of red as being celebratory. More importantly, it is a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

Father will wear red.

The idea is being suggested all over the Catholic blogshere and Catholic News via the internet. I'm giving credit to One True Faith.  And, it is a great idea and reminder!

2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I do wear RED on Pentecost. I think more and more people do. Isn't it grand!!?!! Cathy

bridget {bake at 350} said...

I'm going to look in my closet for tomorrow. I think my only reds are sweaters, but I bet I can come up with something!

Thanks for the reminder!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin