Monday, July 7, 2008

Church Going Couples

Couples who regularly attend church together are less likely to divorce.

Interestingly enough, attending church only seems to help couples when they attend together.
When they do, they are significantly happier in their marriages, and they are much less likely to divorce, compared to couples who do not attend church. Church attendance is a beneficial component of marriage when it is done together.
You can read the entire article at the source linked below

source:
H/T to Catholic Fire for the heads up on this article and study

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and her adulterous partner attend the Liturgy together all the time, with the blessing of the Catholic Church and all the priests they have known, save one.

I guess this means their "marriage" is "holy".

Oh well, now one understands why this man is a "former Catholic".

I will take my chances before God apart from this very sad Church that remains. It cares not a bit for truth or justice. Its "mercy" is a perverse false charity.

Soutenus said...

Wow, I can feel your anger across "cyberspace" and I am so sorry for the pain that has caused it.

Looking at what you have written I can't help but make at least one comment in hopes that you will read it.

You said, "I will take my chances before God apart from this very sad Church that remains."

Are you perhaps looking at "the whole Church" through the eyes of your situation alone?

If they are in a state of mortal sin, simply attending the Liturgy won't change that. Unless you are in confession with them and know every intimate detail of it and what is in their hearts you cannot assume the "Church" is condoning any adulterous liaison.

I hope you find solace in the Church again.

I may be giving unsolicited advice
but I'll take the chance. Anger and hurt are powerful tools of the devil.

Kimberly said...

Great article and anonymous you are in my prayers. Mass and the sacraments along with praying the rosary together strengthens my marriage. Thanks so much for shairng the article.

Blessed be God Forever.
Kimbelry
Awesome God Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin