Monday, May 19, 2008

In the Midst of Our Vocation

A friend of Radical Catholic Mom's (Ed) said,
"You know that you are where you are supposed to be if you are uncomfortable with it."
Radical Catholic Mom goes on to say,
"How strange, right? This message goes so against our culture. Usually we think "if it feels right, then it is good. But Ed turns that upside down and says that we can know we are in the midst of our vocation if it takes us outside of ourselves and makes us uncomfortable. He says in the midst of our vocation we will not only be confronted with Grace, but pain and evil itself will make itself present to us. For a Christian, a person will struggle with all of these elements, but know that God is So present at that moment."

Her post got me thinking . . . . and praying . . . and it has touched me on a deep level. I know I must change my habitual way of thinking. I am re-looking at events, conversations and situations that may well have been "in the midst of my vocation."
It is like getting a new pair of glasses that make it possible to see things you could not see before.


I am posting from school and cannot create a link without being "booted" so a big Thank You to Blogger Cath who has linked this for me!! :-)
source: Radical Catholic Mom -- and a link to the post

3 comments:

Cath said...

Here is Radical Catholic Mom -- and a link to the post I think you are referring to.

Soutenus said...

Thank you, Cath!
I will put in the actual hyperlinks from home. You are so kind to help out!

Actually, I am going to see if I can copy and paste your links without getting booted. This sysytem at our school is filled with problems. It makes teaching TECH a real challenge.

JP said...

How true, how true.



Enjoying your blog by the way.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin