Thursday, April 17, 2008

Flowers by the Wayside


The Miracle Verse
~ Harriet H. Fierson

A baby seed all dressed in brown,
Fell out of its cradle one day;
The West Wind took it with loving arms
And carried it far away
.

He laid it down on a bed of leaves,
And hid it with blankets white:
And there it slept like a w
eary child,
Through the long, dark winter night.

It woke at last, when the springtime came,
And stretched its arms on high,
And it grew and grew through
the livelong day,
Toward the sun and the clear, blue sky.

It drew its food from its Mother Earth,
And it drank the cooling shower,
Till the small, brown seed was changed at last
To a sweet, wild, wayside flower!

I loved this poem that I found over at By Sun and Candlelight.
I have chosen it as my poem today, too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh! This is wonderful! I know what our next memorization poem's going to be now! &:o) I'm glad you shared this!

Soutenus said...

Thanks for the comment! It is always nice to know when someone likes something that is shared!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin