Monday, March 17, 2008

Parables of Jesus

I found a great link called the Parables of Jesus. One of my favorites . . . .

He said therefore, "What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it? It is like a mustard seed that someone took and sowed in the garden; it grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air made nests in its branches." (Luke 13:18-19)

Of course, mustard seeds make me think of. . . .
And the Lord said, "If you had the faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this sycamine tree, "Be rooted up and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you. (Luke 17:6)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture..

Joyce Paul said...

I used to have a mustard seed in a small clear glass ball that was on a gold chain. I wore it around my neck as a child...to remind me to have the faith of a mustard seed! The whole thing was smaller than a pea (seed and glass ball holder).
Thank you for this reminder.
I love the picture, too. That is a real mustard tree, isn't it?

Maria (also Bia) said...

You are just a wealth of information!

For my son's first communion our priest taped a mustard seed (he did this by hand for all the students) to everyone's certificate. It really hit home how incredibly small a mustard seed is.

God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin