Wednesday, January 16, 2008

High School Witness

I found a wonderful post over at Standing on My Head.

From a junior in high school:
"Father, one of the reasons I want to join the Catholic Church is that I have been searching or the truth for a long time. All the other churches have obviously come from the Catholic Church in the first place. They say they have the Bible, but how could they even have the Bible if the Catholics didn't decide what books went in the Bible to start with? The Catholic Church just seems to have the whole truth--everything is there. It's vast. I'm not saying the other churches are wrong, just that they just seem, well, partial."
Read the rest of Father Longenecker's post here. He gives a great analogy in his response to this student's declaration.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin