Monday, December 3, 2007

The Beginning of Advent & SJ

We are so excited to be in Advent. Pabz and I lit our first Advent candle yesterday and prayed together. We are making a Jesse Tree and we have started the Catholic Mosaic liturgical year outline.

Here are the books we are reading (so far) for December:
~~> The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
~~> Saint Francis and the Christmas Donkey by Robert Boyd
~~> The Clown of God by Tomie dePaola
~~> The Miracle of Saint Nicholas by Gloria Whelan
~~> The Lady of Guadalupe by Tomie dePaola
~~> The Legend of the Poinsettia by Tomie dePaola
~~> The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado
~~> The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen

Something pretty amazing happened yesterday. I have to teach in 7 minutes so I can't go into detail right now -- let's just say for now, that God is good and I believe he has sent us a new friend. He is 85 and I guess we'll call him SJ for blogging purposes.
My husband is helping him with his car as I type this. SJ is coming to Christmas dinner and last night we all had dinner together.
Pretty funny, too! I have finally met someone who is not "deaf" quite yet (kind of like my state of hearing!) but has worse hearing than I do!
His hearing loss is due to 41 years of jet plane engine noise. Mine is due to 15 years of extremely loud music -- from my post performance years while dance adjudicating!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin